A new version of Adventure Maker has been released and is now available for download from the following location (BETA version):
http://jodu782.free.fr/am/adventure_mak ... build1.exe
The new version has the following new features:
- Increased Windows 7 compatibility: sound and video files are now supposed to work fine under Windows 7. Please test this feature thoroughly because collateral bugs may have appeared. Note that the issues related to some plugins running under Windows 7 have not been addressed yet.
- Solved an issue that caused the game window to scroll upward each time that a savegame was loaded.
- Solved an issue that caused the game to crash if the player started a new game while the "Load" dialog was open and then opened the "Load" dialog again.
- Solved an issue that caused Alt+F4 to not work in the Initial Menu.
- Solved an issue that happened when the player attempted to create a savegames with a title longer than 32 characters.
- Solved an issue that caused the name of the game not to be displayed correctly in the TaskBar button of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Solved an issue that caused the game not to show up in the "Task Manager" of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Please note that due to the big changes that were made to the sound and video systems of Adventure Maker in order to support Windows 7, this new version of Adventure Maker has the following regressions:
- you can no longer manually set the volume of sounds/videos.
- you can no longer fade-in, fade-out and cross-fade music and sound files.
- you can no longer stretch a video to a size bigger than its original size.
I hope that this new version works fine under Windows 7. Please post feedback.