I am pleased to announce that the new version 4.7.0 of Adventure Maker is now available for download!
You can download it (16MB) from:
The new version has the following improvements:
- Adventure Maker no longer requires users to have administrator rights on their computer. In addition to providing increased compatibility and security for all users, this feature is particularly useful in academic environments, in which students don't have administrator privileges on their machines.
- Audio fade-in / fade-out / cross-fade effects are now available on all versions of Windows.
- The ability to set the volume of each individual audio file is now available on all versions of Windows.
- Compatibility with Windows 7 has been improved.
- Compatibility with Windows 8 (Release Preview) has been improved.
- Adventure Maker now supports multi-user environment. Each user can have its own settings, projects and shared resources.
- Projects and shared resources are now located in the user's "My Documents/Adventure Maker" folder.
- An issue was solved that sometimes caused some malware protection programs to incorrectly detect the presence of nested executables (of course Adventure Maker has never had any malware and will never have). The incorrect detection was due to the presence of the Game Setup Compiler, which is used to legitimately compile stand-alone executables. Changes were made to that file to make its presence compliant with all tools.
- The reliability of the "Play a video" command has been improved. Videos are now played on top of all hotspots that contain "looping videos".
- The reliability of the creation and playback of ".am1" packages (i.e. packages created with the "Create Package for Distribution" option) has been improved.
Note: Due the fact that some of the improvements above required major changes to the Adventure Maker code, there is a possibility that some of the features that worked fine in previous versions no longer work as expected. If this happens, please report the new issues by replying to this very forum thread. Also, please note that this new version has not been tested on 64-bit OS's yet. If you have a 64-bit OS, please post a message saying if AM 4.7.0 works fine on your machine.
Note2: You can safely install v4.7.0 side-by-side with any previous versions of Adventure Maker. There is no need to uninstall previous versions. Please be sure to back up your project before opening it with this new version of Adventure Maker.
I hope you enjoy this update.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all very much for your long-standing support and for your continued contribution to the Adventure Maker community. It is hard to describe how much this is appreciated.
Edit: this topic was moved because the "news" forum required special rights for members to be able to reply.