Jony's Adventure

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Jony's Adventure

Postby jeeji1983 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 am

Here I am again with a new game of my creation. Your a guy named Jony and you have to move on another place. Solve the puzzle to gain the key to the gardens and move on.

Jony's Adventure - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBRJPORT - 6.84 MB
jeeji1983

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Alright, Jeeji! Nice job on your first game!

Since AM Magazine won't be around for a while, I'll write a review right here:

Jony's Adventure

First off: this is a very short game, easily beaten in about five minutes. As a first game, that's fine, but in the future, remember that short games are more fun when they have a high level of detail.

Now, the good: this is a simple game, with a very clear objective: give the robot some oil, so that he'll give you the key to the garden. The entire game is only one puzzle, and the directions are almost never unclear. Also, although there's only two songs in the game (and one comes after you beat it) the main song never seems too repetitive, which is very good, since you'll be hearing it several times. Also, the rippling water managed to look very real most of the time. Nice.

Now for the not so good: in two places, the directions are very unclear, because they're written in French. I can only assume that as Jeeji was translating, he missed a few spots. Still, it doesn't hinder the game much. What does hinder the game is the dialog boxes, which cover the bottom part of the screen, and often, hotspots. Still, being new to AM, you can't really be expected to code your way around this, and because the dialog adds to the level of detail, it's appreciated all the same. Also, although the fast-moving ripples look cool when you think of them as a force-field, they also make it hard to distinguish the Garden from just another pond, and so you're advised to click on everything that isn't solid ground. The area where the game could really use some work, however, is the graphics. The robot and the rabbit looked nice, and the textures on the landscape helped, but it still managed to look hand-drawn, and not in a good way. Again, as this is the maker's first game, all of these can be forgiven, and the game is still a fun little romp.

I give it a score of 6/10.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Return to New Games Announcements