KNOWN BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
are the known bugs of this version?
2. What are the limitations of this version?
3. What are the limitations that concern GIFs and
1. What are the known bugs of this version?
The known bugs of this version are:
- The scroll-bars do sometimes
not work properly. To solve the problem, simply resize the window that contains the
scroll-bars and try again.
- When the Windows taskbar is
set to "Auto-hide", the full-screen background of Adventure Maker prevents
the taskbar from appearing when you move the mouse over the edge of the
screen. To make the taskbar appear, you must either minimize Adventure
Maker, or press Ctrl+Esc. You can also solve the problem unchecking the
"Auto-hide" option of the Windows taskbar, or by going to the Adventure
Maker preferences (from the Main Menu) and clicking "Quit Full-Screen Mode".
- Using a "slide
transition" to go to a frame that has an animated-GIF will cause the destination
frame to appear before the beginning of the transition. To solve the problem, you can
either use a different transition, or you can convert your animated-GIF into a video file,
and then select the option "looping video" instead of the option "Is an
- In the "Distribution
Options" window, settings the language of the generated installation
packages to German may cause a "PathTooLong" error to appear.
- Loading a
game that has hundreds of variables may take a very long time.
- Systems with special character sets such as Chinese,
Japanese, Russian, Greek, etc.
may encounter some problems with scripting and plugins.
More bugs may have been found
after the release of this version. For possible updates, check the Help section of the Adventure Maker website.
What are the limitations of this version?
The limitations of this version
- The software created for PSP, iPhone and iPod touch has limited features.
See Creating software for PSP and
Creating software for iPhone / iPod touch.
- You cannot directly use the inventory while in a panoramic frame (however, it is
possible to go to a 2D frame and use the inventory there). A workaround
consists in using a variable to remember that the item has been picked up.
- Some features are not available in panoramic frames (e.g. the Rippling
Water Effect) and/or in 3rd person games.
- Some languages are not supported, because of non-ASCII characters.
- Systems with the fonts set to "Large Fonts" are not supported.
- Applying the Rippling Water effect to an area that is under the inventory button
will result in the inventory button being partially hidden.
- You cannot drag-and-drop items from the
inventory onto the hotspots that come from a merged frame (i.e. a frame that
has been merged to other frames by using the "Runtime Frames Merging"
command of the Project Menu of Adventure Maker).
- Due to the fact that most sound cards have only one synthesizer, you cannot play
two MIDI files at the same time. Therefore, it is impossible to cross-fade two MIDI files.
- The following commands cannot be executed from within the Frame Properties: GoToFrame, PopupLoadGame and PopupSaveGame.
A simple workaround consists in using the following code
inside a global procedure and then calling the procedure:
(where you must replace COMMANDNAME with the name of a command, like
- If the frame size is the same as the current
screen resolution, it is not possible to apply the rippling water effect to
the very right part of the image.
- GIFs and animated-GIFs have some limitations (see next question).
What are the limitations that concern GIFs and animated-GIFs?
The GIFs and animated-GIFs
- In the editor, right-clicking on an animated-GIF will not cause the popup menu to
appear (you have to left-click instead).
- The imported animated-GIFs cannot include transparency.
- The hotspots containing animated-GIFs cannot be duplicated (a simple work-around
consists in unchecking the "Is an animated-GIF" option, then duplicating, and
then checking the "In an animated-GIF" option again).
- During the real-time transitions, GIF transparency is disabled (the transparent
pixels appear as black).
- It is not possible to change the "speed" of an animated-GIF that
already contains its own speed information.
- Animated GIFs don't appear in panoramic frames.
To get rid of those
limitations (except transparency), it is recommended that you replace your animated-GIFs
with "looping videos".
It is recommended
that you always use the latest version of Adventure Maker, which is available